Ubuntu’s App Center doesn’t know what went wrong

Started by tim, Aug 23, 2026, 02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tim

Ubuntu's App Center doesn't know what went wrong

I recently re-encountered my favourite 'error' dialog in Ubuntu, which is thrown by the distro's App Center (snap-store), which is the default GUI software management tool. Now, I don't see it often, but when I do it (un)helpfully informs me: "Something went wrong. We're sorry, but we're not sure what the error is." I appreciate its honesty and sympathise with the general sense of unease it imparts – I say something similar myself, looking at the state of the world – but surely it's the software's job to know what's wrong – or at least pretend it does! Here's the [...]

You're reading Ubuntu's App Center doesn't know what went wrong , a blog post from OMG! Ubuntu . Do not reproduce elsewhere without permission.


Categories: News, App Center, bugs, Snaps
Source: https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2026/08/ubuntu-app-center-something-went-wrong Aug 18, 2026, 03:32 AM